All students of all grade levels have a required & current immunization record or a state approved exemption form on file with the school prior to their admission to school AND this information is made available to parents on the school website. 70 O.S. § 1210.191
Documentation: Assurance Letter signed by Principal verifying a current record of immunization or exemption form is on file for each student & is made available for review and a website printout or screen shot showing parent information
70 O.S. 2011, Section 1210.191 A
No minor child shall be admitted to any public, private, or parochial school operating in this state unless and until certification is presented to the appropriate school authorities from a licensed physician, or authorized representative of the State Department of Health, that such child has received or is in the process of receiving immunizations against diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus, haemophilus influenzae type B (HIB), measles (rubeola), rubella, poliomyelitis, varicella, and hepatitis A or is likely to be immune as a result of the disease.
70 O.S. 2011, Section 1210.191 E
The State Department of Education shall provide and ensure that each school district in this state provides, on the school district website and in any notice or publication provided to parents regarding immunization requests, the following information regarding immunization requirements for school attendance: “For school enrollment, a parent or guardian shall provide one of the following:
1. Current, up-to-date immunization records; or
2. A completed and signed exemption form."
EXEMPTIONS FROM IMMUNIZATION
Exemptions from immunizations require the following:
- Medical contradictions: A signed statement (ODH form 216A) from a licensed physician stating the physical condition of the child is such that immunizations would endanger the life or health of the child.
- Religious objections: A signed statement (ODH form 216A) from the head of a religious organization stating immunizations are contrary to the teachings of the religion.
- Parental objection: A signed statement (ODH form 216A) from a parent or guardian objecting to the required immunizations.